Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tennis.com On the Go

With the increase of smartphone use, it's important for news and entertainment sites to have functional mobile pages. I am happy to say that Tennis.com has kept up with the times and did this one right.

While blackberry users like myself might want to smash their heads against walls waiting for pages to load, people accessing the mobile site will be extremely happy. The overall smooth look and user-friendly feel of Tennis.com's mobile page is above what you might have expected for a website whose homepage is overwhelmingly packed. With a quick click of your phone you can read the week's biggest feature articles or the day's minute-by-minute AP headlines.



My favorite feature? Mobile live scores. About 90% of people who use Tennis.com use it to check scores as they're happening (okay I'm making that number up, but you get it) so a mobile version of the live scoreboard is really what makes the page stand out. Kudos.

One thing I would like to see on the mobile version is access to photos and videos. So far, I haven't quite figured out if those are accessible. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's my blackberry... but still, I want to see something other than text!

0 comments:

Post a Comment